- Ohio gives Obama a thumbs down; Hillary Clinton tops GOP all-stars: poll
- Jesse Ventura suggests suit not over; HarperCollins could be next
- State Department: ‘No American is proud’ of certain CIA tactics
- Drug-filled drone crash outside S.C. prison sends police on alert
- GOP to Obama: Take your ‘golf cap off’ and get down to coal country
- Hamas cleric tells Jews: ‘We will exterminate you’
- San Diego Costco, Target shoppers shocked by plane crash in parking lot
- George W. Bush penning biography of father
- Israel vows to destroy Hamas tunnels
- Spain evacuates staff from embassy in Libya
Mother Nature’s gone glam in an enchanted forest
Question of the Day
Alicia Keys was in the front row and could certainly pull off any of the sexy riffs on the tuxedo.
A tafetta-bomber poncho hybrid had a quilted interior lining, but Wang’s well-done, more traditional poncho that faded from merino wool into leather probably will go the distance in stores.
Quilted leather spats and fur headbands could be harder sells, but his customers are loyal, and they’re largely trendsetters, too.
Tam opened with dark colored pieces in tweed and wool. Turtleneck sweaters in navy blue and dark gray looked thick and inviting.
Sequin dresses included a wedding dress with fringe. Most of Tam’s collection pulled from a more conservative place, but a bold red dress with sequins stood out.
Tam said she was inspired by the 600-year old Kun Opera. “The bright colors of the opera costumes are adapted to the sophisticated palette of today’s urban woman, with subtle opulence.”
She preserved her East-meets-West sensibility, moving through the ages by adding opera sleeves to a champagne silk blouse. She topped a black suede vest coat with Mongolian fur trim.
Keeping close to home, she worked in some dragon designs. Her cream-colored dragon crochet tunic sprinkled with jet crystals was a highlight.
“In China, we are deeply aware of our contradictions: in awe of our ancient cultural traditions, yet striving to be modern.”
TWT Video Picks
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- NAPOLITANO: Is the president incompetent or lawless?
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world