- Aborted fetuses from Britain incinerated in Oregon plant to make electricity
- Motolotov cocktail thrown a Brooklyn mini-mart
- 3 Americans dead in shooting at Kabul hospital by Afghan guard
- Running on empty: EPA slashes biofuel goals because of ethanol shortage
- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
Lady Gaga lays egg (really!) on Grammys red carpet
LOS ANGELES (AP) - The bleacher fans went gaga over Lady Gaga at Sunday’s Grammy Awards, but then how often do you see someone arrive on the red carpet encased in an iridescent egg-shaped container carried by a gaggle of scantily clad men in gold.
“Gaga! Gaga!” the fans shouted as she passed by on her way inside Staples Center, even though it was impossible to tell what she was wearing and her face couldn’t be clearly seen.
That wasn’t the case with Nicki Minaj. She wore a short leopard print dress by Givenchy with the back of her hair dyed in a matching leopard pattern. The rest of her hair was done up in a towering blond beehive with a dark streak on the front.
“I love when people say, `What was she wearing?’ Wouldn’t you rather be exciting than boring?” she said.
Cyndi Lauper found herself next to Minaj on the carpet and they compared notes.
“I love the outfit,” Lauper said. “I don’t have dos and don’ts. This is rock ‘n roll, baby, you can do what you like.”
Esperanza Spalding did just that. The 26-year-old jazz singer, composer and arranger wore a long green gown that she said reflected her personality.
“Bright, green and many layers,” she said.
LOS ANGELES (AP) _ Justin Bieber cannot be stopped.
The pop singer, who just released a 3D movie and has a highly anticipated Grammy Awards performance Sunday night, breezed by scores of reporters hoping to get a few moments with the 16-year-old phenom.
His parents did stop briefly, with his mother, Patricia Lynn Mallette, saying her son’s rise to stardom “has been so unexpected and so quick.”
Bieber was scheduled to share the stage during a performance Sunday night with his mentor, Usher.
He was also nominated in the Best New Artist category and is not only a fan favorite, but the artist many of his peers hoped to see.
Nicki Minaj called him “adorable and cute” and said she wished him well for his performance.
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- Obama avoids 'red line' for China, prepared to impose tougher sanctions on Russia
- CURL: Obama's foreign policy even worse than his domestic policy
- Ukraine claims torture by pro-Russian forces on the heels of Biden's stern warning to Moscow
- Sold out: Ukraine's leadership swapped best military weapons for cash
- Jimmy Carter: Dont hurt Russian people with sanctions
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014