- Air Force cadets ‘revolt’ after officials remove biblical verse from whiteboard
- Rep. Lee: Paul Ryan out of touch with urban Americans
- House votes down resolution to force Issa to apologize
- Kremlin blocks opposition websites; Kasparov fears Putin plans ‘something drastic’
- Saving trees? EPA wastes $1.5 million storing unneeded pamphlets in warehouse
- Scott Brown Senate bid in New Hampshire may launch soon
- Jeffrey Corzine, son of ex-N.J. governor, dead at 31
- Australian surfing magazine sorry for calling indigenous surfer ‘apeish’
- Records: Man in Fla. theater shooting also was texting
- The Putin problem: U.S. needs Russian rockets for spy satellites
Joe Jackson invests in Vietnam ‘Happyland’ park
Online newspaper VietnamNet said Jackson, 82, was at the groundbreaking as one of the investors in the $2 billion, five-star 1,000-room hotel and amusement park in southern Long An province, located about 20 minutes outside Ho Chi Minh City. It is scheduled to be finished in 2014, and is designed to attract up to 14 million visitors annually.
Vietnam has promoted the project _ which includes a water park, theaters and restaurants _ as the region’s largest entertainment complex.
Pop icon Michael Jackson, 50, died in 2009 from an overdose of the powerful anesthetic propofol and other sedatives. His doctor has pleaded not guilty to charges of involuntary manslaughter.
Michael Jackson was known for his creation of Neverland Ranch, a huge complex complete with an amusement park, in California where he lived.
TWT Video Picks
By Bob Dole
The industrious island has proved itself worthy of U.S. inclusion
- F-35 secrets now showing up in Chinas stealth fighter
- EXCLUSIVE: FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee
- USS Kidd sent to Indian Ocean after 'indication' of Malaysian jet crash
- Oil rig worker says he saw missing plane go down: report
- College group's diversity event canceled after excluding white people
- Warren Buffett's son to spend $23.7 million in effort to save South African rhinos
- Justice Department refuses info on hundreds of prosecutor misconduct cases
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- PRUDEN: Sink sank own campaign in Florida special election
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again