- Dancing Kim Jong-un video sparks North Korea fury
- Delta cancels all Israel flights over missile fear; US Airways also stops flight to Tel Aviv
- Philadelphia mosque leaders try to sever hand of accused thief
- NAACP: Detroit water shutoffs are racially motivated
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
- Big milestone for Britain’s little Prince George who turns 1
- Murphy: Israel must be wary of Hamas using civilian deaths for recruitment
- Royce: Putin recruiting ‘every skinhead and malcontent around Russia’
- Nancy Pelosi is adamant: Congress worked together when Bush was president
- ‘Slender Man’ stabbing victim receives Purple Heart from anonymous veteran
Bo Derek to be quirky Austrian’s Opera Ball date
Question of the Day
VIENNA (AP) - A publicity-loving Austrian construction mogul known for his quirky ways and young girlfriends says he’s taking actress Bo Derek to Vienna’s annual Opera Ball after two other candidates fell through.
Richard Lugner, a regular on reality TV at the age of 78, invites a different female star to the flashy bash each year and keeps Viennese society reporters in suspense for weeks before announcing his pick. Recent dates have included Dita Von Teese, Paris Hilton and Nicollette Sheridan.
Derek, 54, is a model-turned-actress who starred in movies such as “Tarzan, the Ape Man.”
Lugner made his announcement Tuesday surrounded by a crowd of camera crews. He declined to name his first two choices.
This year’s Opera Ball takes place March 3.
TWT Video Picks
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- Rep. Jared Polis' anti-fracking crusade riles Colorado
- Obamacare dealt massive setback by federal appeals court
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- LYONS: Small-arms treaty, big Second Amendment threat
- MERRY: Handicaps in Hillary's way
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- YOUNG: A sinking presidency, deeper after November?
- Hamas terrorists wear Israeli army uniforms to ambush soldiers in Gaza
- Hillary Clinton dogged for refusing reporters' questions on book tour
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq