- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
Jack Black helps name Atlanta zoo’s cub panda
ATLANTA (AP) - Jack Black joined Zoo Atlanta for a naming ceremony for a 3-month-old giant panda cub, the only one of the endangered species born in a U.S. zoo last year.
The zoo Tuesday named the cub Po after the main character voiced by Black in his upcoming animated sequel "Kung Fu Panda 2."
Zoo officials say that in return for the name, studio Dreamworks donated money to the zoo to help with its panda conservation program. The zoo declined to say how much. The zoo pays China a $500,000-per-year lease to display the pandas.
Black posed for pictures with the 10-pound cub, which made squawking noises and writhed in his keeper's hands.
Black is promoting the film, which is due out May 27 and also stars Angelina Jolie, Dustin Hoffman, Jean-Claude van Damme and Jackie Chan.
TWT Video Picks
By returning to Christian roots, the nation can achieve greatness once again
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- UNICEF launches 'Mr. Poo' mascot in India to curb public defecation
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.