- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
- HAYDEN: Intelligence, evidence and the case against Russia
- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
- Rep. Henry Cuellar on border crisis: ‘Playing defense on the one-yard line’
- Activists vow to occupy fast-food restaurants to get higher pay
Coastal Carolina’s leading scorer suspended
Question of the Day
CONWAY, S.C. (AP) - Coastal Carolina’s leading scorer has been indefinitely suspended from the team for an eligibility issue.
The school gave no timetable on when Desmond Holloway could return. The Chanticleers play North Carolina Central on Thursday night.
The junior guard averages 18.5 points and 6.9 rebounds a game.
It’s been a tough week for the Chanticleers. They had their nation-leading 22-game winning streak snapped Tuesday witha 59-57 loss to Gardner-Webb, and lost starting point guard Kierre Greenwood for the rest of the season to a knee injury.
Also this season, Coastal Carolina lost reserve guard Willie Kirkland to academic issues and starting forward Mike Holmes, who was kicked off the team for unspecified reasons.
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Russia shipping sophisticated weapons systems to Ukraine separatists
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is 'torture'
- Michelle Obama says money in politics is bad, asks donors for 'big, fat check'
- EDITORIAL: Detroit's water 'spigot bigots'
- Brian Kelly, Notre Dame ready for different route to title
- Ted Nugent loses second casino gig for 'racist remarks'
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- White House readies for House GOP impeachment push: 'Foolish' to ignore
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq