- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Feliz among 8 who agree to contracts with Texas
Question of the Day
SURPRISE, ARIZ. (AP) - The Texas Rangers have agreed to terms on 2011 contracts with record-setting closer Neftali Feliz, outfielder Julio Borbon and six other players.
Borbon, who hit .276 with 15 stolen bases in 137 games last season, received the biggest contract Thursday at $490,000.
Feliz gets $457,160 after being voted the AL Rookie of the Year last season, when his 40 saves were a major league rookie record. The hard-throwing righty is getting a chance this spring training to be a starter for the AL champions.
Left-handers Derek Holland ($431,810) and Michael Kirkman ($423,000) also reached agreements. Outfielder Engle Beltre, left-handers Miguel De Los Santos and Zach Phillips and righty Mason Tobin all get the $414,000 major league minimum.
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Norway expects imminent 'concrete threat' from ISIL terrorists 'within days'
- PRUDEN: The Democratic-wannabe mice under Hillary Clinton's feet
- Presidents of Honduras, Guatemala blame U.S. for border children crisis
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- ISIL captured 52 U.S.-made howitzers; artillery weapons cost 500K each
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq