- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
‘Seinfeld’ actor who played Uncle Leo dies at 88
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Len Lesser, the veteran character actor best known for his scene-stealing role as Uncle Leo on “Seinfeld,” died Wednesday. He was 88.
Lesser’s family said in a statement that he died in Burbank, Calif., from cancer-related pneumonia.
“Heaven got a great comedian and actor today,” his daughter, Michele, said in the statement. “The outpouring of sympathy we’ve already received has been amazing and is so greatly appreciated. Thank you to all the people who helped make my father’s last journey special and surrounded with love.”
Lesser’s lengthy list of television credits included parts on “Get Smart,” ”That Girl,” ”The Munsters,” ”The Monkees,” ”The Rockford Files,” ”thirtysomething,” ”ER,” and “Everybody Loves Raymond,” which featured Lesser in a recurring role as the arm-shaking Garvin. His film credits included “Outlaw Josey Wales,” ”Kelly’s Heroes,” ”Birdman of Alcatraz” and “Death Hunt.” He most recently appeared on the TV drama “Castle.”
He is survived by his daughter, Michele; son, David; daughter-in-law, Julie; and grandchildren, Jonathan, Kayla, and Mayah.
TWT Video Picks
By Tammy Bruce
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- DELAY: A revolution for the Constitution
- BRUCE: Obama's bizarre immigration rules
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- PRUDEN: Likening Putin to Hitler on Ukraine shows Hillary's shaky grasp of history
- Otter attacks, kills alligator at Florida wildlife refuge
- Calif. shop facing angry fire pulls 'smart gun' from shelves
- R-S-P-E-C-T: Find out what it means for Obama
- Back to the Future: HUVr Tech marketing video goes viral with hoverboard release tease
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again