- Beretta leaves Maryland over gun laws, heads for Tennessee
- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
Nats send Maxwell to Yankees for Olbrychowski
Question of the Day
The 27-year-old Maxwell has a .201 average in three big league seasons with nine homers and 26 RBIs. He batted .144 with three homers and 12 RBIs in 104 at-bats for Washington last year, and hit .287 with six homers and 21 RBIs for Triple-A Syracuse.
The 25-year-old Olbrychowski was 3-2 with a 3.90 ERA in one start and 31 relief appearances last year for Class A Tampa and Double-A Trenton.
New York cleared a roster spot by designating outfielder Jordan Parraz for assignment Wednesday.
Washington also reached minor league deals with right-handed reliever Cla Meredith and infielder Alex Cora and invited them to spring training.
The 27-year-old Meredith was 0-2 with a 5.40 ERA in 21 games for Baltimore last season. The 35-year-old Cora hit a combined .210 with the New York Mets and Texas last season.
Washington sent right-hander Shairon Martis outright to Syracuse. He will attend big league spring training.
The president could pay the full price for ignoring Congress
- David Perdue defeats Jack Kingston in Georgia Republican Senate primary runoff
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- Gen. James Amos, Marine Corps commandant, slams Obama's handling of Iraq
- LYONS: Small-arms treaty, big Second Amendment threat
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- MAY: Barbarians at Jordan's gate
- Outrage over $190M border security deal for troubled federal contractor
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq