- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Nats send Maxwell to Yankees for Olbrychowski
Question of the Day
The 27-year-old Maxwell has a .201 average in three big league seasons with nine homers and 26 RBIs. He batted .144 with three homers and 12 RBIs in 104 at-bats for Washington last year, and hit .287 with six homers and 21 RBIs for Triple-A Syracuse.
The 25-year-old Olbrychowski was 3-2 with a 3.90 ERA in one start and 31 relief appearances last year for Class A Tampa and Double-A Trenton.
New York cleared a roster spot by designating outfielder Jordan Parraz for assignment Wednesday.
Washington also reached minor league deals with right-handed reliever Cla Meredith and infielder Alex Cora and invited them to spring training.
The 27-year-old Meredith was 0-2 with a 5.40 ERA in 21 games for Baltimore last season. The 35-year-old Cora hit a combined .210 with the New York Mets and Texas last season.
Washington sent right-hander Shairon Martis outright to Syracuse. He will attend big league spring training.
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- House backs faster deportations, cancels 'Dreamer' policy
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors