- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
Nats send Maxwell to Yankees for Olbrychowski
The 27-year-old Maxwell has a .201 average in three big league seasons with nine homers and 26 RBIs. He batted .144 with three homers and 12 RBIs in 104 at-bats for Washington last year, and hit .287 with six homers and 21 RBIs for Triple-A Syracuse.
The 25-year-old Olbrychowski was 3-2 with a 3.90 ERA in one start and 31 relief appearances last year for Class A Tampa and Double-A Trenton.
New York cleared a roster spot by designating outfielder Jordan Parraz for assignment Wednesday.
Washington also reached minor league deals with right-handed reliever Cla Meredith and infielder Alex Cora and invited them to spring training.
The 27-year-old Meredith was 0-2 with a 5.40 ERA in 21 games for Baltimore last season. The 35-year-old Cora hit a combined .210 with the New York Mets and Texas last season.
Washington sent right-hander Shairon Martis outright to Syracuse. He will attend big league spring training.
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- Inside China: Nuclear submarines capable of widespread attack on U.S.
- 'Dude, I'm dreading that I will have to go': Czech prime minister on Mandela funeral
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
- Obama: Hole U.S. 'digging out of' requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Rush Limbaugh: Obama trying to make Mandela death about himself
- Obama administration issues permits for wind farms to kill more eagles
- Colorado judge: Bakery owner discriminated against gay couple
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- Legalizing illegal immigrants is the solution to Obamacare: Democrat
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Get in the middle of all the action inside and outside the boxing ring.
Opinion, analysis, and musings on politics, pop culture, reinvention, and the resultant flotsam and jetsam floating around the right-of-center quadrant of the Left Coast.
The cold hard truth about politics in America today and the state of this once great nation.
Find the latest news and happening that effect those in the Washington D.C., Northern Virginia and Maryland Metro region.
White House pets gone wild!