- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
Nats send Maxwell to Yankees for Olbrychowski
The 27-year-old Maxwell has a .201 average in three big league seasons with nine homers and 26 RBIs. He batted .144 with three homers and 12 RBIs in 104 at-bats for Washington last year, and hit .287 with six homers and 21 RBIs for Triple-A Syracuse.
The 25-year-old Olbrychowski was 3-2 with a 3.90 ERA in one start and 31 relief appearances last year for Class A Tampa and Double-A Trenton.
New York cleared a roster spot by designating outfielder Jordan Parraz for assignment Wednesday.
Washington also reached minor league deals with right-handed reliever Cla Meredith and infielder Alex Cora and invited them to spring training.
The 27-year-old Meredith was 0-2 with a 5.40 ERA in 21 games for Baltimore last season. The 35-year-old Cora hit a combined .210 with the New York Mets and Texas last season.
Washington sent right-hander Shairon Martis outright to Syracuse. He will attend big league spring training.
By Tammy Bruce
Team Obama's bizarre behavior helps Gitmo terrorists foil justice
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- Joe Biden's first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Obama taunts GOP, takes nationally televised victory lap on Obamacare
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Brewer signs 1 of 4 pro-gun bills passed Wednesday
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- CBO shows it's Paul Ryan 4, Obama 0 on budget targeting
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.