- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Nutt: Recruit’s mom signs letter of intent
Question of the Day
OXFORD, MISS. (AP) - Mississippi coach Houston Nutt said football recruit Floyd Raven’s mother signed his letter of intent and that the highly regarded cornerback will not be attending the university.
A person familiar with the situation at Ole Miss says Raven plans to sign with Texas A&M. The person spoke with The Associated Press Wednesday on condition of anonymity because Texas A&M hadn’t publicly announced Raven’s signing.
Alan Cannon, the Texas A&M associate athletic director for media relations, says the school had not received a letter of intent from Raven Wednesday afternoon.
Mississippi athletic spokesman Kyle Campbell said the school had not determined if Raven’s mother signed the letter of intent. But after having trouble reading the first version sent by fax machine, the school requested another, and Raven declined.
Raven did not immediately return a message seeking comment.
Nutt said he considered the incident finished and wanted to focus on his incoming class. Ole Miss announced 22 signees on Wednesday.
“I want them to want to be here,” Nutt said. “The one thing I know about the other guys’ signatures that (our coaches) received is that they want to be here. We’ll leave it at that. Good luck to him.”
By Isaac Orr
New carbon-dioxide rules would put America in the dark
- House GOP resurrects border bill, predicts successful Friday vote
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors