- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Collins hopes fiery personality will inspire Mets
Collins said he was pleased with how players responded during the first practice.
“I truly believe you get in baseball shape by doing baseball activities, and that’s what we tried to do today,” Collins said. “Today was the most fun I’ve had in 12 years, being out there. I loved it. I owe it to the way they went about their jobs.”
NOTES: Mets 2B Luis Castillo temporarily left practice Monday to check on his brother, who was undergoing surgery in the Dominican Republic. His brother made it through the surgery, but it is unclear whether Castillo will need to return to the Dominican to be with him. … Collins said he was pleased to see Carlos Beltran able to put his full weight on his back leg _ and repaired right knee _ while hitting from the right side Monday. He said Beltran likely will not play in the first week of exhibition games, which start Saturday.
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- EDITORIAL: More Lerner smoking-gun emails at IRS
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.