- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
Doug Williams returns to coach at Grambling
Question of the Day
Grambling State Athletic Director J. Lin Dawson announced the return of the College Hall of Famer in a statement, saying Williams has signed a four-year contract that begins March 1. Financial details were not disclosed.
He later succeeded Eddie Robinson as coach at his alma mater, winning three straight Southwestern Athletic Conference titles from 1998-2003.
“I think it is truly an honor to be able too go back to Grambling State University for a third time and to be the second coach to coach his son. The only other guy to do this was Coach Eddie Robinson,” Willliams said in the same statement issued by the school.
Williams was drafted out of Grambling by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in the first round of the 1978 NFL draft. He led the Bucs to the playoffs for the first time and repeated the feat twice in four years.
Williams was the first black quarterback to play in a Super Bowl. This past weekend, he was inducted into the Black College Football Hall of Fame.
(This version CORRECTS Corrects that Williams in College Hall of Fame in 2nd paragraph. Minor edits)
- Obama administration issues permits for wind farms to kill more eagles
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Rush Limbaugh: Obama trying to make Mandela death about himself
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
- Activists urge Obama to go rogue, sidestep Congress
- Obama: Hole U.S. 'digging out of' requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- NAPOLITANO: Pope Francis should be saving souls, not pocketbooks
- Federal deficit shrinks 20 percent in fiscal 2014
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Red Alert focuses on the hottest political topics in the nation and calls Americans to action.
History doesn't have to be grim; there is a lot to be learned from the pages of time.
The Constitution: Every issue, every time. No exceptions, no excuses. And how to get from here to there.
Why can’t humans just be free to be humans?
White House pets gone wild!