- North Korea: Not a single vote cast against Kim Jong-un
- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
New old guys aim for maturity in D-backs clubhouse
“They’ve got great attitudes. They work hard. they go about their business,” he said. “It’s contagious. That’s what we were hoping for.”
Gibson said the older players understand it’s a privilege to wear a major league uniform.
“When you get older like that, maybe you can see your time coming to an end, so you do really appreciate it more,” he said. “They’re just like me and you guys know how I feel about that. They’re giving the same message. The players hear it from me _ I said it again today in our meeting _ and they (the veterans) are reinforcing that.”
Ian Kennedy, a 26-year-old right-hander, appreciates the importance of adding such experience.
“With the Yankees we had that,” he said. “You need those good leaders. I felt like we were missing that aspect last year. You have a good, young mix, too. A successful team has that mix.”
Shortstop Stephen Drew, quiet by nature, also likes the changes around him after two straight last-place finishes in the NL West.
“It’s a whole different feel, a good vibe,” he said, “and I think it’s‘ going to be a good season.”
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Investigators puzzle: How does a 777 jetliner just disappear into thin air?
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- CPAC 2014: Straw poll signals Paul-Cruz showdown
- Russia besieges Crimea as U.S. seeks diplomacy; Putin remains undeterred by Obama's sanctions
- U.S. deploys 12 F-16 fighter jets to Poland as exercise in response to Ukraine situation
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Spoiled-kid culture creates greedy adults
- 80 people publicly executed across North Korea for films, Bibles
- As Ukraine falls, Obama takes Key Largo golf vacation, Biden hits Virgin Islands
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again