- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
No. 6 SDSU has week to prep for Fredette, BYU
Question of the Day
“These are two really, really, good teams playing one other,” the coach said. “And I would think that both San Diego State and BYU, regardless of what happens on Saturday, will get good, high seeds in the NCAA tournament, which should bode well for opportunity. … Obviously we need to find a way to win. We want to win the conference championship, and this is a huge game for either team that wins it.”
The Aztecs will practice Tuesday through Friday, with Fisher promising “at least one, if not two, pretty vigorous practices.”
It’ll all come down to what the Aztecs can do against Jimmer.
“We just can’t give him 43 points,” guard D.J. Gay said. “That’s what we’re going to have to go and try and figure out. He’s the heart and soul of that team, but they do have other great players on their team. We did a good job on Jackson Emery and (Brandon) Davies, they played well. Those are guys that can step up at any given moment and take over a game as well. I don’t know if it’s taking care of everybody else and letting Jimmer do Jimmer, or try to stop Jimmer and have everybody else step up.”
Fisher said Fredette’s presence makes his teammates dangerous, too.
“When he’s on the floor, everybody else has a little more opening because there’s more than one set of eyes on him. He’s very, very good, and he knows it,” Fisher said.
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- State Department indicates Nouri al-Maliki's days numbered as Iraq prime minister
- Inside China: Massive flight woes and a missile test
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
- Norway expects imminent 'concrete threat' from ISIL terrorists 'within days'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq