- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns Israeli shelling of shelter in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
- U.S. chemical sites vulnerable despite millions spent on security: Congress
- Driverless cars to hit the British streets by 2015
- GOP presses to scrap IRS commissioner position — but put in panel
- New bill would make sure women in military can get free birth control
- Trafficking bust reveals worries over missing kids; minors as young as 11 found
Penguins F Kunitz on track to return by week’s end
Question of the Day
PITTSBURGH (AP) - Pittsburgh Penguins forward Chris Kunitz has resumed practicing after missing six games with a lower body injury, and could be ready to return this week.
Coach Dan Bylsma provided the update Monday after Kunitz took part in an optional practice prior to a game against Washington. Bylsma says there's a chance Kunitz could return as early as Wednesday against San Jose.
Center Jordan Staal is expected to play against the Capitals a day after being struck in the cheek by a shot from teammate Kris Letang in a 3-2 shootout loss at Chicago. Defenseman Paul Martin's status is uncertain after being shaken up by a heavy check Sunday.
Pittsburgh is already down nine regulars, including Sidney Crosby, who is out indefinitely with a concussion.
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama mum on where illegal immigrant children are sheltered
- National laboratory cancels 'Southern Accent Reduction' classes after outcry
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world