- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Wozniacki officially reclaims No. 1 ranking
Question of the Day
DOHA, QATAR (AP) - Caroline Wozniaki has officially reclaimed the No. 1 ranking in women’s tennis, one week after surrendering it to Kim Clijsters.
The 20-year-old Dane won her first singles title of 2011 on Sunday, beating Svetlana Kuznetsova 6-1, 6-3 in the Dubai Championships final. Although she has been one of the most consistent players on the WTA Tour, Wozniacki has been criticized for being No. 1 despite never having won a Grand Slam singles title.
Clijsters, who has won three majors since coming out of retirement, dropped back to No. 2.
Vera Zvonareva is ranked third in Monday’s rankings, followed by Sam Stosur, Francesca Schiavone, Jelena Jankovic, Li Na, Venus Williams, Victoria Azarenka and Agnieszka Radwanska.
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- House backs faster deportations, cancels 'Dreamer' policy
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- HATCH: Destroying the Senate and our liberties
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors