- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
CJ Wilson and Edinson Volquez to start openers
In Tampa, Fla., Derek Jeter laughed off Hank Steinbrenner’s assertion that some New York Yankees were “too busy building mansions” after winning the 2009 World Series.
The Yankees captain was building a large, multimillion dollar home in Tampa last year when New York lost to Texas in the AL championship series. Steinbrenner said Monday the Yankees lacked hunger last season.
“I understand most of it,” Jeter said. “The house, I didn’t understand. That’s a first. That’s funny, I think. I’m not moving, so we won’t be talking about this again.”
Jeter pointed out, with a smile, that Steinbrenner used the plural “mansions” and that his name was not specifically mentioned. Steinbrenner said later Tuesday his comments were not directed at Jeter, whose .270 batting average last year was 44 points below his career mark.
“It was a generalization, a euphemism. A bad choice of a euphemism,” Steinbrenner said. “That’s all it was.”
In Phoenix, Zack Greinke was looking forward to his first season with the Milwaukee Brewers following his trade from the Kansas City Royals.
“It’s more fun to win games. Not saying we’re guaranteed to win every game we play, just, it’ll be a better chance and more than likely we’ll win more games than I’ve won in any of my seasons prior, so it should be a fun season,” he said.
The 2009 AL Cy Young Award winner is switching to No. 13 from No. 23. Rickie Weeks wears No. 23 on the Brewers.
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- EXCLUSIVE: FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Russian fighter jet buzzes U.S. Navy destroyer in Black Sea
- 10 million new babies? China's hope for boom likely to become policy bust
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.