- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Anne Hathaway trains for Catwoman, preps for Oscar
LOS ANGELES (AP) - These days, Anne Hathaway is a busy woman. Or make that a busy Catwoman.
The 28-year-old actress is training for the physical demands of her lead role in “Catwoman” (and its sleek, physique-revealing catsuit) as she flexes her comedy muscles alongside James Franco as co-hosts of Sunday’s Academy Awards.
“There’s a lot going on, but it’s all really super-duper positive,” Hathaway said between fittings Wednesday. “I feel like I have a big fight coming up and everyone’s giving me the thumbs-up and the ‘you’ll-rock-it’ fist pump. I have unbelievable support.”
“It’s all been kind of wonderful and jovial,” she said. “It turns out it takes a village to host the Oscars.”
Hathaway’s biggest challenge this week? Navigating Los Angeles’ famous freeways and making it to all her appointments on time. But the New York City resident has that one covered: “Luckily my assistant is a really good driver!”
TWT Video Picks
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- EDITORIAL: As jobs vanish, Obama wants more of same
- Stolen European passports on Malaysian Airlines Boeing 777
- Obama engages in Ukraine diplomacy from Fla. resort as Russia digs in
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- PRUDEN: Likening Putin to Hitler on Ukraine shows Hillary's shaky grasp of history
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again