- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Brown pushing to rename Pennsylvania Ave.
Question of the Day
WASHINGTON | A D.C. Council member is asking city residents to weigh in on what they'd like to call Pennsylvania Avenue.
Council member Michael Brown is pushing for a ceremonial renaming of one of the nation's most famous streets to call attention to the push for D.C. statehood. Ceremonial street designation signs could be placed under existing signs for Pennsylvania Avenue, home to the White House.
Brown has set up an online survey for residents to weigh in on potential names. Among the options are Let D.C. Vote Way, 51st State Way and Free D.C. Avenue. The most popular choice will become the proposed new name when Brown introduces legislation on the matter.
Washington's 600,000 residents pay federal taxes but have no vote in Congress.
TWT Video Picks
Out of "the shadows," they demand citizenship without consequences
- House GOP resurrects border bill, predicts successful Friday vote
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- ON THE RUN: Competition for Redskins backup running back is heating up
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors