- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Government OKs Arab-owned company to operate U.S. cargo port
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell’s wife had ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Fabregas out of League Cup final
Question of the Day
LONDON (AP) - Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregas will miss Sunday’s League Cup final against Birmingham because of a hamstring strain, adding to the Gunners’ injury problems as they seek their first trophy since 2005.
The Spanish midfielder was hurt in Arsenal’s 1-0 win over Stoke in the Premier League on Wednesday, leaving in the 14th minute.
“It is a very small injury but certainly Cesc will be out for Sunday,” Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger said. “For how long I don’t know, but definitely for Sunday. He is disappointed. We all feel sorry and sad for him. The only way we help him now is to win the cup as he contributed a lot in this competition.”
English winger Theo Walcott sprained an ankle against Stoke and will be sidelined for one-to-two weeks, Wenger said. Robin van Persie (hamstring) and Laurent Koscielny (back) are likely to be available for the game at Wembley, according to Wenger.
Fabregas also could miss the second leg of the Champions League second-round series against Barcelona on March 8. Arsenal won the first leg 2-1.
“It is very difficult to give a deadline,” Wenger said.
Goalkeeper Lukasz Fabianski and Thomas Vermaelen, two first-team regulars, have long-term injuries.
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- PHILLIPS: Once-in-a-century stupidity
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world