- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
ABC names new ‘Good Morning America’ chief
NEW YORK (AP) - ABC News said Friday that current “Nightline” executive producer James Goldston will slide over to take control behind the scenes at “Good Morning America.”
He replaces Jim Murphy as senior executive producer. Murphy is leaving to become executive producer of Anderson Cooper’s new syndicated talk show, which debuts in the fall.
ABC News President Ben Sherwood said in a memo to staff that Goldston and his team had turned “Nightline” into a powerhouse, “against all odds and speculation that (the show’s) best days had come and gone.” Goldston’s top deputy for the past five years, Jeanmarie Condon, will take over as “Nightline” executive producer.
Robin Roberts and George Stephanopoulos host “Good Morning America,” which competes against NBC’s top-rated “Today” show.
Goldston noted that “Good Morning America” has been creeping up in the ratings against “Today,” which hasn’t lost a single week in the morning show ratings since December 1995.
“There is a self-confidence about the show that is appealing,” he said.
Condon said ABC has asked the “Nightline” staff to produce several hours of prime-time programming for this summer.
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Nancy Pelosi washes immigrants' feet in humble Holy Week act then promotes on Twitter
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.