- Detroit porch shooting trial: Suspect says he didn’t know gun was loaded
- U.S. Navy admiral ‘receptive’ to giving Chinese counterpart a tour of carrier
- Islamic State orders female genital mutilation for Mosul girls, U.N. says
- Israeli fire hits U.N. facility in Gaza, killing 15
- Obama encourages ICE to stand down, say former border agents
- Pro-Palestinian protesters attack Israeli soccer team in Austria match
- Virginia police: 2 dead after storm at campground
- Ukrainian prime minister announces resignation
- House members question $17 billion VA request
- N.Y. Gov. Cuomo launches statewide task force to collect LGBT data
Blues send Winchester to Ducks for draft pick
Question of the Day
ST. LOUIS (AP) - The St. Louis Blues have made another trade in a late-season sell-off, sending forward Brad Winchester to the Anaheim Ducks for a third-round pick in 2012.
The Blues were 13th in the Western Conference with 65 points, seven points out of the final playoff spot. Before Monday's deal, St. Louis unloaded forward Brad Boyes to Buffalo, and defensemen Eric Brewer and Erik Johnson to Tampa Bay and Colorado, respectively. Brewer had been team captain.
The 29-year-old Winchester, a checking forward, had nine goals, 14 points and 86 penalty minutes in 57 games with St. Louis.
The Blues recalled forwards Chris Porter and Ryan Reaves from Peoria of the AHL and placed forward Philip McRae on the injured list.
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Whistleblowers flood VA with lawsuits despite apology
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Obama says public not familiar enough with issues
- Obama dispatches researchers to border to check on National Guard
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Astronaut shares 'saddest photo' from space: Bombs bursting over Israel, Gaza
- Conservative groups decry Democrats' 'war on women' tactic
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq