- Al Qaeda nets $125M from ransom payoffs from Europe since 2008
- Ohio Gov. John Kasich cruising to re-election: survey
- Landslide hits Indian village; 150 may be trapped
- Albania bank loses $7M in theft; police arrest 2
- Gov. Mike Pence irked as Obama sends illegals to Indiana on sly
- Israel, White House say Obama phone call to demand cease-fire was fake
- Nancy Pelosi: Deporting kids un-Christian, sends them ‘into a burning building’
- Islamist militants seize special forces base in Benghazi, Libya
- Feds sue Pennsylvania State Police over women’s fitness tests
- Israel accused of striking U.N. school, killing at least 15
Red Bulls fire assistants Williams and McAleenan
Question of the Day
General manager Erik Soler said the team decided to go in a different direction in announcing the dismissals from coach Hans Backe’s staff.
Williams was entering his sixth year with the Red Bulls as an assistant. He twice served as interim coach, first after Mo Johnston was fired in the 2006 season and also in 2009 after Juan Carlos Osorio resigned on Aug. 21. Williams also played as a midfielder with New York in 2001 and 2003.
McAleenan was in his 11th season as the team’s goalkeeper coach. During his tenure years, he has tutored U.S. national team goalkeepers Tim Howard, Jonny Walker, Zach Wells and Tony Meola.
The firings leave Jan Halvor Halvorsen as the only assistant. He joined the team in January after a career as a player and manager in Europe.
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Obama mum on where illegal immigrant children are sheltered
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of politicizing business
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Kerry's credibility questioned as fighting in Gaza rages
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world