- Air Force cadets ‘revolt’ after officials remove biblical verse from whiteboard
- Rep. Lee: Paul Ryan out of touch with urban Americans
- House votes down resolution to force Issa to apologize
- Kremlin blocks opposition websites; Kasparov fears Putin plans ‘something drastic’
- Saving trees? EPA wastes $1.5 million storing unneeded pamphlets in warehouse
- Scott Brown Senate bid in New Hampshire may launch soon
- Jeffrey Corzine, son of ex-N.J. governor, dead at 31
- Australian surfing magazine sorry for calling indigenous surfer ‘apeish’
- Records: Man in Fla. theater shooting also was texting
- The Putin problem: U.S. needs Russian rockets for spy satellites
Pool report: Packers’ team photo finally clicks
DALLAS (AP) - News flash: The Green Bay Packers‘ much-discussed Super Bowl team picture finally has been snapped.
According to Friday’s pool report, the Packers took their team photo shortly before the start of practice. Everyone was in attendance, including players on injured reserve.
Two injured players, linebacker Nick Barnett and tight end Jermichael Finley, complained last week when it looked like the photo would be taken before they were scheduled to join the rest of the team in the Dallas area.
“The one thing you want to see in your football team is that the players have maintained confidence throughout the process,” McCarthy said. “Our guys have done that. They totally believe what’s in front of them. They believe in what they’ve seen on film. We respect Pittsburgh, but we feel that this is our time and Sunday will be our night.”
Frank Zombo would start if Walden is unable to play or is limited.
Wide receiver Donald Driver was held out of team drills for the second consecutive day because of a quadriceps strain, but he is expected to play and was listed as probable. Zombo (knee), left tackle Chad Clifton (knees) and offensive lineman Jason Spitz (calf) also are probable.
The Packers will conduct a final jog-through Saturday morning at their team hotel.
By Bob Dole
The industrious island has proved itself worthy of U.S. inclusion
- F-35 secrets now showing up in Chinas stealth fighter
- FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee
- USS Kidd sent to Indian Ocean after 'indication' of Malaysian jet crash
- College group's diversity event canceled after excluding white people
- Justice Department refuses info on hundreds of prosecutor misconduct cases
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- MILLER: Law enforcement realizes good people with guns deter crime
- CURL: Calm down, conservatives: Obama's 'Two Ferns' bit was brilliant
- PRUDEN: Sink sank own campaign in Florida special election
- EDITORIAL: Lois Lerner's dilemma
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again