- Islamist militants seize special forces base in Benghazi, Libya
- Feds sue Pennsylvania State Police over women’s fitness tests
- Israel accused of striking U.N. school, killing at least 15
- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
Packers’ Wynn becomes dad hours before Super Bowl
Question of the Day
ARLINGTON, TEXAS (AP) - Just Wynn, baby.
Wynn, a sixth-round draft pick in 2009, was released Sept. 4 before the start of this season. But he was re-signed Sept. 14 after a season-ending knee injury to defensive lineman Justin Harrell.
SUNNY DAY: Finally, a decent day in Big D on Super Bowl Sunday.
And the forecast for kickoff, set for 6:29 p.m. EST, called for temperatures in the low 40s with only a slight chance of rain. By game’s end, there’s a 15 percent chance of rain with temperatures maybe dipping below 40 degrees.
Most of the snow from the storm earlier in the week was cleared from around the stadium, but four of the 10 gates were not open a few hours before kickoff. Stadium officials established safe corridors around potential fall zones.
Six workers were injured Friday when sheets of ice fell from the stadium following a Thursday night snowstorm.
MEET THE STEELERS … AND PACKERS: A few hours before the Super Bowl inside cavernous Cowboys Stadium, actor Owen Wilson displayed a few nifty moves, eluding a “defender” and catching a pass in the end zone, then spiking the ball over his shoulder.
Asked who he was picking, Wilson said he liked the Steelers: “I have the Steelers in my pool,” he said to cheers, followed by some boos from the sparse crowd beginning to filled the stadium. “But I can see the Packers winning, too.”
Singer Sheila E was mostly booed for picking the Packers.
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Kerry's credibility questioned as fighting in Gaza rages
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell's wife had 'crush' on CEO
- McCLAUGHRY: Finish off the "Islamic State" quickly and cheaply
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world