- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Thin Lizzy guitarist Gary Moore dead at 58
Question of the Day
LONDON (AP) - Bandmates say rock guitarist Gary Moore, a former member of influential Irish band Thin Lizzy, has died. He was 58.
Manager Adam Parsons told the BBC that Moore was found dead Sunday at a hotel on Spain’s Costa del Sol, where he was on holiday. The cause of death was not immediately known.
Thin Lizzy drummer Brian Downey said Moore’s death was a “total shock,” and guitarist Scott Gorham said he was “a great player and a great guy.”
Born in Belfast, Northern Ireland in 1952, Moore was a member of Dublin band Skid Row before joining Thin Lizzy in 1973, playing on tracks for the “Nightlife” album. He left after four months, but rejoined four years later and played on the band’s “Black Rose” album before going solo once again.
He had a successful solo career, and his accomplished, bluesy playing won plaudits from other musicians.
Thin Lizzy had global hits in the 1970s with songs like “The Boys are Back in Town” and “Whiskey in the Jar.” Frontman Phil Lynott died in 1986, but with a different lineup the band continues to tour today.
Funeral details were not immediately available.
TWT Video Picks
By Michael Widlanski
Leveling the battlefield to aid terrorists enables evil to fight on
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch
- SOWELL:Bordering on immigration madness
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Presidents of Honduras, Guatemala blame U.S. for border children crisis
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq