- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
Stanford’s Marecic wins Hornung Award
“It’s a special year, a real special group of guys,” Marecic said on a conference call. “For myself, I just played a small role in the whole process all year.”
Marecic carried 23 times for 46 yards and five touchdowns and caught nine passes for 75 yards. He was the fifth leading tackler with 51 stops, and had two sacks and two interceptions for the Cardinal (12-1).
A 16-member selection committee comprised of sports journalists and former NFL stars voted for the award.
The award is named for 1956 Heisman Trophy winner and Louisville native Paul Hornung.
“I watched the game with a great deal of interest. You guys played well and you had a sensational game,” Hornung said.
By Tammy Bruce
- AP Exclusive: Man said to create bitcoin denies it
- Aronofsky's 'Noah' banned in Qatar, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Back to the Future: HUVr Tech marketing video goes viral with hoverboard release tease
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- U.S. tasks Navy destroyer to Black Sea amid Ukraine tensions
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- Two liberals say Sarah Palin is right: Obama lacks substance
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rutgers professors to Condi Rice: Go home, and take your speech with you
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again