- Hamas cleric tells Jews: ‘We will exterminate you’
- San Diego Costco, Target shoppers shocked by plane crash in parking lot
- George W. Bush penning biography of father
- Israel vows to destroy Hamas tunnels
- Spain evacuates staff from embassy in Libya
- Peace Corps evacuates over Ebola fears; 2 volunteers isolated
- House overwhelmingly approves $16 billion cash infusion for VA overhaul
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
Question of the Day
Big moves hit new low
The share of Americans who made a long-distance move dropped to a record low last year as many young adults, struggling without jobs, opted to stay put rather than relocate to other parts of the U.S.
New census figures show about 12.5 percent of the U.S. population, or more than 38 million people, made some kind of move to a new home. Only in 2008 was the overall mobility rate lower, at 11.9 percent.
The share of moves across states fell to 1.4 percent, or roughly 4.3 million people. It was the lowest level since the government began tracking movers in 1948.
Census data released Tuesday show large metropolitan areas in Sun Belt states continued to attract some new residents, but at a slower pace.
Obama honors quake victims
In a statement released ahead of Wednesday’s anniversary, Mr. Obama says he continues to be inspired by the Haitian people, who he says faced unimaginable loss with extraordinary faith and courage. The earthquake devastated Haiti’s capital and is estimated to have killed more than 230,000 people.
State lawmakers weigh big tax increase
SPRINGFIELD | A major Illinois tax increase has jumped its first legislative hurdle, setting the stage for a vote by the entire Illinois House.
TWT Video Picks
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
- Star witness in Bob McDonnell corruption trial refutes 'crush' defense
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world