- GOP to Obama: Take your ‘golf cap off’ and get down to coal country
- Hamas cleric tells Jews: ‘We will exterminate you’
- San Diego Costco, Target shoppers shocked by plane crash in parking lot
- George W. Bush penning biography of father
- Israel vows to destroy Hamas tunnels
- Spain evacuates staff from embassy in Libya
- Peace Corps evacuates over Ebola fears; 2 volunteers isolated
- House overwhelmingly approves $16 billion cash infusion for VA overhaul
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
Tattoo artist Shaw denies guilt in NY-LA gun case
Question of the Day
NEW YORK (AP) - A noted tattoo artist and writer accused of trying to send a stash of guns and knives from a New York storage locker to his Los Angeles home has pleaded not guilty to dozens of weapons possession charges.
Jonathan Shaw is the 57-year-old son of jazz giant Artie Shaw. He was arrested in November and appeared in a Manhattan court Tuesday.
Prosecutors say he tried to ship a loaded AK-47 assault rifle, three other guns, 68 illegal knives and more than 2,800 rounds of ammunition. They say he had no New York gun license.
Shaw’s lawyers have said he bought the weapons legally years ago and had no intention of using them.
Shaw helped popularize tattoos based on tribal symbols. He has focused on writing in recent years and published a novel in 2008.
TWT Video Picks
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
- Star witness in Bob McDonnell corruption trial refutes 'crush' defense
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world