- DOJ reaches largest-ever federal government settlement over auto loan discrimination
- U.S. Navy to start giving gay couples marriage benefits in Japan
- Sen. Harry Reid goes to hospital as a precaution
- Fla.’s Trey Radel exits rehab, ‘excited’ to resume congressional role
- U.S. nuclear general boozed it up, chased ‘hot women’ in Russia: report
- 45 Calif. students at one school test positive for tuberculosis exposure
- Rob Ford on women: Give them cash ‘and they are happy’
- Ku Klux Klan group holds recruitment meeting in Maryland
- Airport assassination: Mayor, 3 others killed at Manila airport
- Tea party-type lawmakers take mysterious, off-books trip to Mideast
DVRs give ‘Conan’ the lead among young viewers
Question of the Day
Most ratings figures count TV viewership only within the 24-hour period after a show is aired. By this standard, “The Tonight Show with Jay Leno” is the champ in total viewers, as well as in the desirable 18-to-49 demographic.
But “Conan” ranks No. 1 in the key 18-to-49 and 18-to-34 audience segments when “time-shifted” data is included, which adds viewers of the show up to a full week after its airing.
Time-shifted viewing is accounting for a significant portion of the “Conan” audience, including 361,000 of the 1,443,000 viewers in the 18-to-49 demo, and 236,000 of the 930,000 viewers in the 18-to-34 category watching the show.
TBS attributed “Conan‘s” sizable boost from time-shifted viewing to the show’s young fan base, which is more likely to record and watch shows on a delayed basis. The median age for “Conan” viewers is 33, while most broadcast late-night talk shows’ audiences have median ages in the 50s. O'Brien’s former roost, “Tonight,” and its head-to-head CBS rival, “Late Show with David Letterman,” are both 56.
The hour-long “Conan,” which airs Mondays through Thursdays at 11 p.m. Eastern, overlaps for 25 minutes with “Tonight” and “Late Show,” which both air Mondays through Fridays at 11:35 p.m. Eastern.
By John McAfee
- Breaking Fad: Alligators becoming the new pit bulls for drug dealers, cops say
- D.C. to tout Obamacare among youth waiting for Air Jordans
- Huge backlash mounts over suspension of 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson
- TARGET credit card theft swells to 40 million victims
- Special ops vets slam military benefit cuts
- Obama: 2014 will be 'breakthrough year' for U.S.
- Dems use new filibuster rules to approve DHS nominee Alejandro Mayorkas under investigation
- Obamacare 'pajamas boy' gets roundly mocked
- Citing 'unfair system,' Obama commutes sentences for 8 crack offenders
- Homeland Security helps smuggle illegal immigrant children into the U.S.
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Our Choice: Individual responsibility and self-government or the abandonment of the American Revolution
Al Maurer provides a common sense, conservatarian, Constitutional conservative perspective from the battleground state of Colorado
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow