- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Fight terror through historical alliance
Question of the Day
The United States does not want to be the caretaker of the planet. Despite this, there comes a time when someone has to step up to the plate and declare that enough is enough. The European Union has not had the will to confront the terrorist threat and those nations that support terrorism. It isn’t too late for the EU to challenge the threat and begin to turn back the tide of internal chaos.
The ultimate recipe for success lies in the historical ties with what once were our staunch allies in Western Europe, Australia, Canada and several new friends in Eastern Europe and South America who realize the wonders of democracy after years of socialist and communist domination. The first order of business, however, is for the current administration to stop casting the United States as the root cause of many of the world’s problems because of our “arrogance” and “aggressive” tendencies and reinstate our image as the “shining city on the hill” that so many nations have followed toward a better future.
LT. COL. ROB WEINHOLD
U.S. Air Force (retired)
Dale City, Va.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Get Breaking Alerts
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- McCLAUGHRY: Finish off the "Islamic State" quickly and cheaply
- New York Times reporter Carol Vogel accused of plagiarism
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- ISIL destroys key bridge leading to Baghdad; suicide truck bomb severed supply line