- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
- ISTOOK: IRS “wants to throw us in jail,” says tea party leader
- Easter woes: Chocolate costs soar, becoming ‘unaffordable’ luxury
- Michaels craft chain confirms hackers hit 3M customers
- Special Forces’ suicide rates hit record levels — casualties of ‘hard combat’
- Many Americans would quickly face financial hardship after losing job, poll shows
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford thanks supporters at re-election campaign bash
Kentucky’s Cobb heading to the NFL
LEXINGTON, KY. (AP) - Kentucky all-purpose star Randall Cobb is heading to the NFL.
The junior first-team All-American announced Thursday he will bypass his senior season and enter the NFL draft.
The 5-foot-11, 186-pound Cobb led Kentucky with 955 yards receiving, 401 yards rushing and 12 total touchdowns. He also threw for three scores and returned a punt for a touchdown.
"I felt that it was my time to go and pursue my dream to play in the NFL," Cobb said. "I've had this dream since I was a child. I can remember when I was four years old and I was laying in bed. That was the only thing I wanted, to play football in the NFL."
He was selected an All-American as an all-purpose player by The Associated Press last month.
Cobb said he considered the NFL's ongoing labor dispute while making his decision.
"It could hurt me," Cobb said. "That's just me stepping out on my faith and hoping things go right."
Cobb finished his career by accounting for 204 total yards in a 27-10 loss to Pittsburgh in the BBVA Compass Bowl last Saturday as Kentucky finished 6-7.
Cobb said he's enjoyed "every last second" of his career at Kentucky but had to make the best decision for his future.
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- Immigration still on hold: Boehner's office
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Supreme Court weighs appeal to concealed-carry gun laws
- PRUDEN: When a bored president just 'mails it in'
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- With pot and e-cigarettes, Big Tobacco is just waiting to inhale emerging markets
- Hillary swoons at admitted illegal immigrant: 'Wow,' you're 'incredibly brave'
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Prosecutors seek arrest warrant for ferry captain in South Korea
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.