- Obama dispatches researchers to border to check on National Guard
- Dutch receiving Malaysia plane bodies irked at Putin’s daughter in Holland
- Algerian airplane goes missing over Mali: ‘Emergency plan’ launched
- Colorado judge strikes voter-backed gay marriage ban, but issues stay
- Brooklyn Bridge flag-swapping suspects identified by nickname
- Christian woman in Sudan spared for apostasy flies to Italy
- Iraq: 60 dead in attack on prisoner convoy
- Marco Rubio: U.S. at social, moral crossroads
- ‘We’re coming for you, Barack Obama’: Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL
- White flags baffle NYPD: ‘We’re lucky it wasn’t a bomb’
Capitals rally in third to down Senators
Question of the Day
“Sometimes you try to bank it off (the goalie), and that time I did and fortunately it went in,” Chimera said. “Nine times out of 10, it doesn’t go in. Fortunately it worked out.”
Neuvirth made just his second start in goal since Dec. 23 and finished with 22 saves, keeping Washington close until the offense awakened in the third period.
The rookie improved to 3-0-0 against Ottawa this season. The Capitals needed Neuvirth to play well because they started slowly once again.
Washington got only five shots in the first period and didn’t create many scoring chances. That’s the 15th time in the last 21 games they’ve either been trailing or tied after 20 minutes.
Ottawa wasted the early lead that it held for much of the game and now has lost eight of nine.
“It has been the same thing for so many of our losses—we’ve played well, we just can’t score on any of our chances,” said Ottawa coach Cory Clouston. “We just couldn’t extend the lead, and that was the difference.”
NOTES: Washington’s Eric Fehr will be out three to four weeks after suffering an “upper body” injury against Vancouver on Friday. … Laich hadn’t scored a goal since Dec. 15 against Anaheim. … Ottawa recalled goalie Mike Brodeur from Binghamton of the AHL on an emergency basis Sunday to replace the injured Pascal Leclaire. … Nick Foligno got an assist on Ottawa’s goal and has points in three straight games.
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Algerian airplane goes missing over Mali: 'Emergency plan' launched
- Despite rhetoric, gun prosecutions plummet under Obama
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- Obama says public not familiar enough with issues
- CROWLEY: The good-time president
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Hezbollah in Syria could join fight against Israel
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- EDITORIAL: Poor Hillary, rock-star wannabe
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq