- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
Capitals rally in third to down Senators
“Sometimes you try to bank it off (the goalie), and that time I did and fortunately it went in,” Chimera said. “Nine times out of 10, it doesn’t go in. Fortunately it worked out.”
Neuvirth made just his second start in goal since Dec. 23 and finished with 22 saves, keeping Washington close until the offense awakened in the third period.
Washington got only five shots in the first period and didn’t create many scoring chances. That’s the 15th time in the last 21 games they’ve either been trailing or tied after 20 minutes.
Ottawa wasted the early lead that it held for much of the game and now has lost eight of nine.
“It has been the same thing for so many of our losses—we’ve played well, we just can’t score on any of our chances,” said Ottawa coach Cory Clouston. “We just couldn’t extend the lead, and that was the difference.”
NOTES: Washington’s Eric Fehr will be out three to four weeks after suffering an “upper body” injury against Vancouver on Friday. … Laich hadn’t scored a goal since Dec. 15 against Anaheim. … Ottawa recalled goalie Mike Brodeur from Binghamton of the AHL on an emergency basis Sunday to replace the injured Pascal Leclaire. … Nick Foligno got an assist on Ottawa’s goal and has points in three straight games.
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- Back to the Future: HUVr Tech marketing video goes viral with hoverboard release tease
- Christine O'Donnell eager to re-engage in political debate
- Obama slaps Putin with sanctions, restrictions on visas
- MSNBC's Rachel Maddow: Bush to blame for Ukraine
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- House defeats Democrats' attempt to rebuke Issa
- Russian lawmaker wants to outlaw U.S. dollar, calls it a Ponzi scheme
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again