- Anthony Weiner on his current sexting habits: ‘None of your business’
- Producers eye Capitol Hill for latest reality TV hit
- No selfie awareness: Obama, Biden mug for Instagram as Ukraine implodes
- Putin to Snowden: We don’t collect droves of data on everyone like the U.S.
- Clemson football’s new opponent: Atheists upset with player prayer, Bible study
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford’s re-election launch party will be ‘history in the making,’ brother says
- Louisiana group hits back at Sen. Mary Landrieu campaign ad with ‘Actress Mary’ spot
- Brain surgery victim struggles with Obamacare: ‘It’s scary’
- Pro-Russian forces storm Ukrainian national guard base; 3 killed
- Joe Biden’s first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
Police: No explosives in ‘suspicious’ item at Miami airport
MIAMI (AP) — Authorities say a bomb squad found no explosive material or device on board a plane from Brazil that landed at Miami International Airport.
The Miami-Dade Police squad was dispatched after baggage handlers found a suspicious item in the cargo hold of American Airlines Flight 930 from Sao Paulo.
American Airlines spokesman Tim Smith says the item was an empty detonator holder that could be used in construction or oil drilling. The item was shipped as cargo. Miami-Dade Police confirmed the item was a detonator holder and that no explosives were found.
Mr. Smith says it was “nothing threatening.” It was found after the flight’s 169 passengers had deplaned.
The flight arrived around 8:30 a.m. Monday.
TWT Video Picks
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Removal of military gear limits options for U.S., NATO in Ukraine
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- NAPOLITANO: Hope for the dead and freedom for the living
- CURL: The state of the Union worse than you thought
- PETA officials collide with deer
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.