- John Podesta eats crow: ‘I apologize to Speaker Boehner’
- U.S., China race to finish line on ‘invisibility cloak’
- Obama ‘cavalier’ in hiding foreign aid order, judge rules
- Prince Charles: Muslims are driving Christians from Mideast through persecution
- Gitmo’s first commander: Close the prison down
- Google’s newest photography find: Just wink and shoot
- Detroit’s Heidelberg art project hit by 8 fires in 8 months
- Pa. police pull people over for random DNA tests for feds
- NASA pushing hard to get back into space game
- Harvard student to face federal charges for bomb hoax
American jobs migrate abroad
Question of the Day
American businesses are not able to add enough jobs to offset growing unemployment. Americans who once took pride in what they produced know only too well what happened to their jobs. “Made in China” (or other countries) is stamped on just about every product. We do not make much of anything in this country anymore. When Ross Perot used to say, “That giant sucking sound you hear is the sound of American jobs going abroad,” he sure was right. America’s manufacturing is gone. The pending trade agreement with South Korea will contribute to that “giant sucking sound.”
We pay high prices to gas up our vehicles and heat our homes. The United States has tremendous oil reserves right here, yet we cannot produce our own oil. Last year, the federal government shut down some of our offshore oil production, killing even more jobs. To add insult to injury, massive illegal immigration across the southern border continues unabated, and once they’re here, illegal immigrants put even more Americans out of work.
So we export valuable, productive American jobs and import low-wage earners to take whatever service jobs are left. Is this the new world order?
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Fourth Amendment says Obama is not at liberty to collect metadata
Get Breaking Alerts
- U.S. Army mulls wiping out memory of Robert E. Lee, 'Stonewall' Jackson
- Half of America strips religion from Christmas
- Gov't wasted $30 billion on 'pillownauts,' crystal goblets -- buying human urine!
- BOLTON: Nero in the White House
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Army to cut up to 4,000 captains and majors
- 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson: Gays 'wont inherit the kingdom of God'
- Prevention of school massacre shoots down arguments for Colorado gun control laws
- Zadzooks: The Joker sixth scale figure review (Sideshow Collectibles)
- CARUSO: Driving off Russian aggression with U.S. natural gas