- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
American jobs migrate abroad
Question of the Day
American businesses are not able to add enough jobs to offset growing unemployment. Americans who once took pride in what they produced know only too well what happened to their jobs. "Made in China" (or other countries) is stamped on just about every product. We do not make much of anything in this country anymore. When Ross Perot used to say, "That giant sucking sound you hear is the sound of American jobs going abroad," he sure was right. America's manufacturing is gone. The pending trade agreement with South Korea will contribute to that "giant sucking sound."
We pay high prices to gas up our vehicles and heat our homes. The United States has tremendous oil reserves right here, yet we cannot produce our own oil. Last year, the federal government shut down some of our offshore oil production, killing even more jobs. To add insult to injury, massive illegal immigration across the southern border continues unabated, and once they're here, illegal immigrants put even more Americans out of work.
So we export valuable, productive American jobs and import low-wage earners to take whatever service jobs are left. Is this the new world order?
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
Get Breaking Alerts
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- House backs faster deportations, cancels 'Dreamer' policy
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- HATCH: Destroying the Senate and our liberties