- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: ‘Get yourself some firearms’
Mourning the loss of LaLanne
Question of the Day
Anyone with an interest in fitness owes a debt of gratitude to the late Jack LaLanne, the iconic and beloved fitness guru who was ahead of his time in urging Americans to practice good health habits, including the engagement in aerobic exercise, so as to enjoy the euphoria that it can bring.
LaLanne was a marvel and an American treasure, devoting his life to instilling in others the joy that was always palpable within him through the monumental change he made in his life from being an overweight sugar addict as a child to becoming the most recognizable figure in health.
What a life LaLanne enjoyed, living it to the fullest to the ripe age of 96, courtesy of continued vigorous activity, to which he is said to have devoted two hours per day, even as a nonagenarian. If there is an afterlife, surely LaLanne has entered heaven with no desire to rest and is insisting that those who guard the Pearly Gates start to exercise. May God rest the soul of this extraordinary and cherished man - his memory will always be a blessing.
OREN M. SPIEGLER
Upper Saint Clair, Pa.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Robert N. Tracci
Congress must use its appropriations power to secure the border
Get Breaking Alerts
- Violent gang MS-13 taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Pentagon's self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- A 'new Cold War': China's top paper warns of 'slippery slope' towards conflict with U.S.
- Obama calls GOP lawsuit over executive overreach a 'political stunt'
- PRUDEN: 'Dirty Harry' Reids increasing eccentricity
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: 'We cannot afford to wait on Congress' for immigration
- Hamas orders civilians to die in Israeli airstrikes
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: 'Get yourself some firearms'
- Homeland Security adviser tweets America is 'Islamic country'
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to 'fight for national sovereignty'
Recent Letters to the Editor
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: How many boondoggles to break the bank?
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: The problem is unenforced borders
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Where are condolences for Jewish teens' deaths?
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama welcomes illegals, ignores Americans
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama has no intention of repatriating illegals