- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
Anthony Hopkins wants to play Hitchcock on screen
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Hopkins as Hitchcock?
Oscar winner Anthony Hopkins says he hopes play the legendary filmmaker on screen and has been attached to such a project for four years.
The 73-year-old actor says Hitchcock was “a very interesting man, very strange guy, very dark man.” Hopkins says that 50 years ago he saw a film about the making of “Psycho” that stuck with him as “the most frightening film I have ever seen.”
He says British director Sacha Gervasi is set to direct the Hitchcock film.
Hopkins says he’s hopeful that the project comes to fruition, adding that, in Hollywood today, “you just turn it over and go with whatever happens if you are lucky.”
Hopkins‘ latest film is “The Rite,” which opens Friday. He won the best-actor Oscar for 1991’s “Silence of the Lambs.”
TWT Video Picks
By Tammy Bruce
Team Obama's bizarre behavior helps Gitmo terrorists foil justice
- With pot and e-cigarettes, Big Tobacco is just waiting to inhale emerging markets
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Russian fighter jet buzzes U.S. Navy destroyer in Black Sea
- Skeptics on all sides take aim of John Kerry's tentative deal on Ukraine
- Supreme Court weighs appeal to concealed-carry gun laws
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- UNICEF launches 'Mr. Poo' mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.