- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Steelers CB Bryant McFadden returns to practice
Question of the Day
PITTSBURGH (AP) - Cornerback Bryant McFadden, safety Troy Polamalu and wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders returned to practice Friday for the first time since the Steelers’ AFC championship victory.
McFadden strained his abdomen during a win over Baltimore in the divisional round but played Sunday in a diminished role. Sanders, a rookie, has an injured foot. Polamalu has been bothered by an Achilles’ tendon injury, but it is not unusual for the All-Pro to sit out midweek practices.
All three _ as well as left tackle Jonathan Scott (ribs) who has not practiced this week _ are listed as probable for the Super Bowl Feb. 6 against Green Bay in Arlington, Texas.
Defensive end Aaron Smith (torn triceps) was limited in practice, as has been the case the past two weeks. Pro Bowl center Maurkice Pouncey (ankle) and special teamer Will Allen (knee) did not participate in any of the three practices this week.
All three are questionable for the Super Bowl, but there are serious doubts if any will be able to play.
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- EPSTEIN: All IRS roads lead to the archivist
- Border surge puts Obama legacy on immigration at stake
- Inside the Beltway: Republican posse rides out to fire Harry Reid
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- KUHNER: Will Russia-Ukraine be Europe's next war?
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq