- Malaysia Airlines pilots sometimes left cockpit door unlocked: U.S. businessman
- PHILLIPS: The benefits of defying ‘common wisdom’
- Judge strikes down Arkansas abortion law — nation’s toughest — as unconstitutional
- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region; Pentagon denies
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
NBA suspends Marvin Williams, Shawne Williams
Marvin Williams started things when he shoved Shawne Williams in the back as they ran up the court with 43 seconds left in the Hawks‘ 111-102 victory. The NBA cited Marvin Williams on Saturday for throwing punches and fighting, while Shawne Williams got a one-game ban for throwing a punch during an altercation.
Both suspensions are without pay.
Marvin Williams missed the Hawks‘ game at Dallas on Saturday night and also will sit out at home against Toronto on Wednesday night. Shawne Williams will sit out when the Knicks host Detroit on Sunday.
“There was no real expectations on the length as far as I was concerned,” Drew said. “I didn’t even see the instant replay. I knew something would take place as far as a suspension. The league made a ruling on it and we just have to live with it.”
“I saw him at breakfast and he was in great shape,” Drew said. “He’s ready to move on. It’s an unfortunate set of circumstances and you’ve got to put it behind you.”
Marvin Williams has already missed 15 games this season with back and right knee injuries.
Maurice Evans moved into the starting lineup in place of Marvin Williams, who’s averaging 10.9 points and 4.8 rebounds.
By David A. Clarke Jr.
Blame Washington's intelligence failure, not lack of police
- CURL: We completely overhauled American health care to insure 4.2 million people?
- California gun store owner refuses to hand over customer list
- Firefighters discover church's Bible in Harlem rubble following gas explosion
- Bill Maher: God a 'psychotic mass murderer' who 'drowns babies'
- Crimea votes in favor of secession, U.S. rejects
- McCain: 'Russia is a gas station masquerading as a country'
- College group's diversity event canceled after excluding white people
- Trust me: Obama promises new overtime rules will be 'easier for everyone'
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- EXCLUSIVE: FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014