- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
Hooper earns top DGA prize for `King’s Speech’
Other TV winners:
_ Reality programming: Eytan Keller, “The Next Iron Chef.”
_ Musical variety: Glenn Weiss, “The 64th Annual Tony Awards.”
_ Daytime serials: Larry Carpenter, “One Life to Live.”
_ Children’s programs: Eric Bross, “The Boy Who Cried Werewolf.”
_ Commercials: Stacy Wall.
Marking its 75th anniversary, the Directors Guild dispensed with its usual honorary and lifetime-achievement awards in favor of a look back at the union’s legacy. Directors such as Steven Spielberg, Francis Ford Coppola, James Cameron, Clint Eastwood and last year’s feature-film winner Kathryn Bigelow (“The Hurt Locker”) introduced a series of short films centered on King Vidor, John Ford, George Stevens, Frank Capra and other guild pioneers.
The Directors Guild prizes are followed this weekend by Sunday night’s Screen Actors Guild Awards, the last big honors before the Feb. 27 Oscars.
TWT Video Picks
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- Obama taunts GOP, takes nationally televised victory lap on Obamacare
- Joe Biden's first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- CURL: The state of the Union worse than you thought
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.