- Elton John blasts Russia’s anti-gay laws during Moscow concert
- U.N.: Afghanistan slow to enforce law protecting women
- Heart cancels SeaWorld concert after ‘Blackfish’ documentary
- South Carolina sheriff refuses to lower American flag for Nelson Mandela
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Nelson Mandela
- Mandela not on life support in final hours, friend says
- Ukraine protesters topple, decapitate Lenin statue in Kiev
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle removed from North Korean state documentary
- Thailand crisis deepens as opposition quits Parliament
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs’ Pearl Harbor tweet
Football decision looms for rookie Michigan AD
None of them will be as scrutinized as the one currently on his plate as Michigan’s rookie athletic director.
If Brandon fires football coach Rich Rodriguez, that would be the first move. The next would be hiring someone like Stanford coach Jim Harbaugh, San Diego State coach Brady Hoke or an off-the-radar candidate.
“I have complete faith in Dave Brandon that he has been pursuing and will continue to pursue what is in the best interests of the University of Michigan,” said ESPN analyst Desmond Howard, who won the Heisman Trophy at Michigan.
“Many would like to see Jim Harbaugh back in Ann Arbor, but if he does not want to jump on the ship and help bring his alma mater back to prominence, then Dave is bright enough to have a solid plan B,” Howard said. “This job is bigger than any one coach who just happens to be the flavor of the month.”
Rodriguez was in his office Tuesday morning, quietly talking on the telephone.
Rodriguez’s third season ended Saturday with a 38-point loss to Mississippi State in the Gator Bowl. It dropped his overall record to 15-22 with college football’s winningest program.
By Brahma Chellaney
Beijing's creeping aggression signals a challenge to U.S. presence in the Asian Pacific
- Obama: Hole U.S. 'digging out of' requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- Sen. Rand Paul pushes 'economic freedom zones' for Detroit
- Redskins' season hits bottom with Chiefs blowout
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- FENNO: Mike Shanahan's empty words no salve to free-falling Redskins
- U.S. debt jumps a record $328 billion tops $17 trillion for first time
- Sen. Rand Paul: 'I am seriously thinking about' running for president in 2016
- Legalizing illegal immigrants is the solution to Obamacare: Democrat
- Obamas call to close Vatican embassy is 'slap in the face' to Roman Catholics
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Al Maurer provides a common sense, conservatarian, Constitutional conservative perspective from the battleground state of Colorado
Film Reviews and Articles by Kevin Williams
"Critical thinking is thinking about your thinking while you're thinking in order to make your thinking better." - Dr. Richard Paul
Go beyond tourism's "top 10" bus tour destinations with Susan McKee as she explores the varied history, culture, food, and gardens, of the world.
Let it snow
White House pets gone wild!