- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Brewers finalize $1.75M deal with RHP Saito
MILWAUKEE (AP) - The Milwaukee Brewers have finalized a $1.75 million, one-year contract with reliever Takashi Saito.
The right-hander can earn an additional $1 million in performance bonuses based on games and $500,000 for days on the active roster.
He was 2-3 with a 2.83 ERA in 56 games for the Atlanta Braves last year and has a 17-13 big league record with a 2.19 ERA in five seasons with the Los Angeles Dodgers, Boston and Atlanta.
The 40-year-old from Japan has 84 saves, including 81 with the Dodgers from 2006-08.
Saito is expected to become the setup man for closer John Axford.
He can earn $50,000 each for 15, 20, 25 and 30 games, $100,000 apiece for 35, 40 and 50, $150,000 for 50 and 55, and $200,000 for 60. He also can make $100,000 each for 30, 60, 90, 120 and 150 days on the active major league roster.
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- EDITORIAL: More Lerner smoking-gun emails at IRS
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- 'Deport Bieber' petition draws no comment from White House
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.