- NAACP: Detroit water shutoffs are racially motivated
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
- Big milestone for Britain’s little Prince George who turns 1
- Murphy: Israel must be wary of Hamas using civilian deaths for recruitment
- Royce: Putin recruiting ‘every skinhead and malcontent around Russia’
- Nancy Pelosi is adamant: Congress worked together when Bush was president
- ‘Slender Man’ stabbing victim receives Purple Heart from anonymous veteran
- Kentucky city called socialist for buying gas station, undercutting competitor fuel prices
- Israel hits five mosques, sports complex in overnight Gaza strikes
- Hillary Clinton dogged for refusing reporters’ questions on book tour
Eminem’s `Recovery’ is 2010’s best-selling album
Question of the Day
NEW YORK (AP) - Eminem has fully recovered: His latest CD is 2010’s best-selling album.
“Recovery” moved 3.4 million units since its June release, according to Nielsen SoundScan. No. 2 on the list is Lady Antebellum’s “Need You Now,” which sold about 3.1 million records. “Speak Now,” Taylor Swift’s third CD, which was released in late October, is No. 3, selling about 2.96 million copies.
While Eminem owns last year’s top CD, his Rihanna-assisted “Love the Way You Lie” is No. 3 on the list of top songs. He was beat out by Katy Perry’s smash hit, “California Gurls.” The song features Snoop Dogg and moved 4.4 million tracks in 2010. Train’s “Hey, Soul Sister” is second with 4.3 million sold; the Top 5 includes Taio Cruz’s “Dynamite” and B.o.B’s “Airplanes.”
Justin Bieber’s “My World 2.0” and Susan Boyle’s “The Gift” round out last year’s Top 5 albums.
TWT Video Picks
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- Rep. Jared Polis' anti-fracking crusade riles Colorado
- Obamacare dealt massive setback by federal appeals court
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- LYONS: Small-arms treaty, big Second Amendment threat
- MERRY: Handicaps in Hillary's way
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- YOUNG: A sinking presidency, deeper after November?
- Hamas terrorists wear Israeli army uniforms to ambush soldiers in Gaza
- Hillary Clinton dogged for refusing reporters' questions on book tour
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq