- Pentagon: U.S. F-16 fighter jets to train with Poland near Ukraine
- Jerry Sandusky’s wife: Victims manipulated over money
- Ben Carson: America’s now ‘very much like Nazi Germany’
- Heroin found on N.J. toddler at day care
- Pistorius trial: Police conduct faces scrutiny
- Gaza militants fire large rocket barrage at Israel
- CBO chief: Projected job loss numbers from minimum wage hike are fluid
- Rep. Rangel: ‘No question’ Harlem explosion is result of gas leak, not terrorism
- Dog left in car blasts horn for 15 minutes
- DCCC chair hopes Alex Sink will run again in November
Xavi sets Barca record with 550th game
BILBAO, SPAIN (AP) - Xavi Hernandez set a Barcelona record by playing in his 550th match, a 1-1 tie at Athletic Bilbao on Wednesday night that advanced the Blaugrana to the quarterfinals of Spain’s Copa del Rey.
Defender Miguel “Migueli” Bernando played in 549 games from 1973-88.
Barcelona extended its unbeaten streak to 25 games, two short of the club record set in 1973-74.
Eric Abidal scored his first goal for Barcelona and the second of his club career, running in from the left flank to score off a pass from Lionel Messi in the 76th minute. Fernando Llorente tied the score in the 85th, but Barcelona advanced on away goals. The teams tied 0-0 at Barcelona in the first leg last month.
An America drowning in red ink is the land of the free no more
- Inside the Beltway: A new interest in Rahm Emanuel for 2016?
- Female TSA officers say pat-down duty leads to workplace discrimination
- HURT: John Kerry The ridiculous face of a ridiculous U.S. diplomacy
- Deportations come mostly from border, DHS chief says
- Special ops forces wearing thin from high demand
- Last laugh: Marine vet fires off jokes from the grave with own obituary
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Ben Carson: America's now 'very much like Nazi Germany'
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again