- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Xavi sets Barca record with 550th game
BILBAO, SPAIN (AP) - Xavi Hernandez set a Barcelona record by playing in his 550th match, a 1-1 tie at Athletic Bilbao on Wednesday night that advanced the Blaugrana to the quarterfinals of Spain’s Copa del Rey.
Defender Miguel “Migueli” Bernando played in 549 games from 1973-88.
Barcelona extended its unbeaten streak to 25 games, two short of the club record set in 1973-74.
Eric Abidal scored his first goal for Barcelona and the second of his club career, running in from the left flank to score off a pass from Lionel Messi in the 76th minute. Fernando Llorente tied the score in the 85th, but Barcelona advanced on away goals. The teams tied 0-0 at Barcelona in the first leg last month.
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Vietnam says it may have found door of missing Malaysian jet as intel look into stolen passports
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- EDITORIAL: Senate rejects Adegbile for Justice post
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- U.S. deploys 12 F-16 fighter jets to Poland as exercise in response to Ukraine situation
- CPAC 2014 straw poll results
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again