- Associated Press - Thursday, January 6, 2011

LOS ANGELES (AP) - It’s up to the Riverside County district attorney’s office to decide whether Lindsay Lohan will be charged with battery for last month’s skirmish with a Betty Ford Center rehabilitation technician.

John Hall, spokesman for the district attorney’s office, said findings from the Palm Desert Police Department’s probe into Lohan’s alleged skirmish with rehab worker Dawn Holland were received Thursday. Hall said his office was waiting for additional material from investigators and did not know when a decision would be made.

Lohan is accused of tussling with Holland after the 24-year-old actress returned to the rehab center past curfew on Dec. 12 and refused Holland’s request to take a Breathalyzer test. Riverside County Sheriff’s said in a news release Tuesday that she violated her probation and wanted her charged with battery, though Holland is no longer pursuing charges.

Shawn Chapman Holley, Lohan’s attorney, did not immediately return messages seeking comment Thursday. After Internet reports surfaced claiming that Lohan was under the influence during the altercation, Holley insisted in a statement Wednesday that Lohan didn’t drink alcohol or do drugs during her 90-day stint at Betty Ford.

Lohan was released from the drug dependency center, about 120 miles (190 kilometers) east of Los Angeles, this week after receiving treatment there since late September in connection with her 3 1/2 year-old drunken driving case. The Beverly Hills judge overseeing Lohan’s probation required her to remain at the rehab center until Monday.

Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Elden Fox has said Lohan will be jailed if she violates probation. Her next scheduled hearing before the judge is Feb. 25.