- Activists vow to occupy fast-food restaurants to get higher pay
- Rep. Luis Gutierrez: Senate Dems wary of immigration politics
- Summer camp for 1 percenters: Sushi, limos and shopping at FAO Schwarz
- Colorado gun crackdown law found to be built on faulty data
- Hank Aaron steps to fundraising plate for Democrat Michelle Nunn
- ISIL terrorists blow up burial site of Jonah, vow more of same
- Impeach Obama, say 35 percent in new poll
- Taliban yank 14 Shiites off bus, bind and shoot them on Afghan road
- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
THE SURPRISING RUMSFELD
Question of the Day
“I remain firmly convinced that she is neither bigoted, nor racist, nor anti-Semitic,” the newpaper’s founder, Nicholas F. Benton, said about his decision to hire her.
FAITH ON THE HILL
The “political overhaul” of the midterm elections had little effect on the religious composition of Congress, says an analysis by the Pew Research Center’s Forum on Religion & Public Life.
Of the 535 members of the new Congress, none is self-described as “unaffiliated.” Specifically, 304 of them — or 57 percent — are Protestants, similar to the U.S. adult population (51 percent). Compared with the previous Congress, the 112th Congress has added 12 Protestants, an increase of roughly 2 percentage points. Thirty percent are Catholic, 8 percent are Jewish and 3 percent are Mormon. Less than 1 percent are Muslim or Buddhist. See the myriad numbers here: http://pewresearch.org.
POLL DU JOUR
*35 percent of Americans predict there will be a female president in the next decade.
*47 percent say it will happen somewhere in the next 50 years, 9 percent say “not in this century” or “never.”
*15 percent say a “new political party” will replace Republicans or Democrats as one of the two major parties in 10 years.
*30 percent say that could happen within 50 years, 38 percent say “not in this century” or “never.”
*8 percent say the U.S. government will be overthrown by revolution in 10 years.
*65 percent say it will not happen in this century, or will never happen.
Source: A Harris Poll of 2,331 adults conducted Dec. 6-13 and released Thursday.
* Tip line always open at email@example.com.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Michelle Obama says money in politics is bad, asks donors for 'big, fat check'
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Presidents of Honduras, Guatemala blame U.S. for border children crisis
- PRUDEN: The Democratic-wannabe mice under Hillary Clinton's feet
- Crime-ridden U.S. cities differ on ways to fight gun violence
- Let it roll: D.C. Council hits Las Vegas on taxpayer's dime, leaves $14,000 tab
- Obama takes aim at 'corporate deserters'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq