- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
‘Twilight,’ ‘House’ top the People’s Choice Awards
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Dreamy vampires, a surly doctor and a rapper in “Recovery” are top winners at the People’s Choice Awards.
Fans picked “Twilight” as their favorite overall movie and favorite drama. Stars Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner were their favorite on-screen team, and Stewart also won actress honors.
“House M.D.” was TV’s top winner. The show was fans’ favorite television drama, and stars Hugh Laurie and Lisa Edelstein were the favorite actor and actress in the drama category. Laurie’s character, Gregory House, was named favorite TV doctor.
“Glee” was voted top TV comedy, and star Jane Lynch was the favorite comedy actress. Neil Patrick Harris won comedy actor honors.
Eminem dominated the music category. He was fans’ favorite hip-hop artist and male musician, and his song with Rihanna, “Love the Way You Lie,” won favorite song and music video. Katy Perry was a double winner: Favorite female artist and favorite online sensation.
Rihanna, Usher and Taylor Swift were named favorite pop, R&B and country artist, respectively.
Fans chose the winners in all categories.
TWT Video Picks
Stunt raises carbon-dioxide level with lots of hot air
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- Depth, distance reduce impact of California quake
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: 'We are going to crush them'
- Sharyl Attkisson resigns from CBS after months of talks
- Atheists sue to remove 'Ground Zero Cross' from 9/11 museum
- New faces finding ways to win on the PGA Tour
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Prosecutors: Gray had firsthand knowledge of 'shadow campaign'
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again