- Prince Charles: Muslims are driving Christians from Mideast through persecution
- Gitmo’s first commander: Close the prison down
- Google’s newest photography find: Just wink and shoot
- Detroit’s Heidelberg art project hit by 8 fires in 8 months
- Pa. police pull people over for random DNA tests for feds
- NASA pushing hard to get back into space game
- Harvard student to face federal charges for bomb hoax
- Ronnie Biggs of ‘Great Train Robbery’ fame dies, 84
- Pope Francis wins another ‘Person of the Year’ — from gay rights magazine
- Rep. Steve Stockman: Give my campaign $10, and you’ll get an Obama barf bag
NUGENT: Who let the wuss out?
Fedzilla dependency has resulted in a nation of soft parents and kids
Speaking about a National Football League game canceled because of a snowstorm in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Gov. Edward G. Rendell stated that America has turned into a nation of “wusses.”
Truth politics aside, I couldn’t agree more with the governor. I have been yelling about this from American rooftops for decades. My mantra has been simple: Upgrade, America, or flounder on like the soulless sheep you are becoming. You have a president and Congress and a gaggle of wuss-loving czars. The wusses have it made. No spines allowed.
Too many Americans have become soft, complacent and apathetic and have a sense of crybaby entitlement. The good old American roll-up-your-sleeves-and-get-the-job-done attitude has been going the way of the dodo for decades. We’ve all heard about the jobs Americans are not willing to do. Wusses.
Rugged individualism, that glorious, animal can-do spirit, perseverance and self-reliance are anachronisms for today’s dependent, weak, wuss Americans.
Trying hard is just too hard for some Americans, who have been wussified into a state of dependency. Food stamps are for wusses, and the master wussy Democrats have seen to it. It’s easier to be a lazy lump. The truth hurts. Only the guilty need feel guilty.
So many parents have failed miserably. Instead of instilling sacrifice, discipline, pride, hard work and motivation in our kids, too many parents coddle their children, trying to be their friends. Wuss parents raise wuss kids. The cycle remains unbroken.
Our public schools do not demand nearly enough from our kids. Our kids need more scholastic challenges, not fewer. However, some public schools have even gone so far as to implement “no failing” standards whether or not students do their homework. Feeling good isn’t doing good. This is a proven recipe for terminal mediocrity. Bend over, America. The Chinese are coming.
Way too many of our kids can’t read, talk, write or do basic arithmetic at their grade level. Far too many American kids drop out of school because they have been trained not to care. The public education system is the model for the wussification of America. Get your pretend diploma from Wussie U. and go nowhere.
Physical fitness is a sad joke. Our kids are the fattest, softest, slowest in the world and probably the most out of shape; statistics for their parents are worse. Forty percent of our youth are considered either overweight or obese. Fat is in; fit is out. Look around you if you doubt me. The curse of blubber in America is a reality.
Dependency abounds. Too many Americans think Fedzilla should provide them everything from housing to health care. And Fedzilla is trying its hardest to accommodate them while bankrupting America in the process and doing its best to rape the producers. Only an uneducated and unmotivated American wuss could possibly believe that a bloated Fedzilla knows what is best for him.
These wusses don’t want to learn how to fish for themselves. They are addicted to Fedzilla’s programs, which only serve to make them more dependent on Fedzilla. What say you, Mr. Rendell?
Lean is mean. Less is more. Weak is defeat.
Those Americans who seek to turn this ugly thing around know that tough love is the first dose of the anti-wuss antibiotic that needs to be instilled into America. Excuses and coddling deserve to be punished; trying hard should be rewarded.
Parents should turn off the television, computer games, video games and cell phones. These things make Americans, especially our kids, soft, uninspired, anti-social wusses.
About the Author
Ted Nugent is an American rock ‘n’ roll, sporting and political activist icon. He is the author of “Ted, White, and Blue: The Nugent Manifesto” and “God, Guns & Rock ‘N’ Roll” (Regnery Publishing).
By John R. Bolton
The president fiddles at his domestic altar while the world burns
Get Breaking Alerts
- U.S. Army mulls wiping out memory of Robert E. Lee, 'Stonewall' Jackson
- BOLTON: Nero in the White House
- HURT: D.C. gets the vapors, calls sequester too much
- Top Democrats reject court ruling over NSA spying on Americans
- Obama mocks Putin, picks gay athletes for Sochi delegation
- EDITORIAL: Al Gore, soothsayer
- We told you so: Conservatives foresaw polygamy ruling
- Army to cut up to 4,000 captains and majors
- Gov't wasted $30 billion on 'pillownauts,' crystal goblets -- buying human urine!
- PRUDEN: The scam that will not die