- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
‘Lucrezia Borgia’ to be televised in 3-D
LONDON (AP) - The English National Opera and Sky will televise what they say is the first live opera broadcast in 3-D on Feb. 23, a new production of Donizetti's "Lucrezia Borgia."
The 3-D telecast will be shown live in theaters around Britain and on Sky 3-D, with a 2-D simulcast on Sky Arts 2. The 2-D version will be shown later in theaters outside Britain, the ENO said Saturday. In addition, interviews about the production will be televised on Sky Arts 1.
The production, directed by Mike Figgis, opens Jan. 31 and stars soprano Claire Rutter in the title role, American tenor Michael Fabiano as Gennaro, mezzo-soprano Elizabeth DeShong as Maffio Orsini and bass Alastair Miles as Alfonso d'Este. Paul Daniel conducts.
TWT Video Picks
By Joy Overbeck
Redemption by government is futile
- Joe Biden's first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- Obama taunts GOP, takes nationally televised victory lap on Obamacare
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.